Saturday, December 5, 2009

Lights Fairy Tails month

A Saturday morning is usually a huge challenge for me ... because it comes after a Friday night and because its the morning of the market in Macon.

after yesterday's couple of vodka shots with my dear friend and his friends, I challenged myself to wake up before 11:00 am so that I could manage to go to the market... it was hard, and to be honest until 12:00 am I was walking around unhappy to have this obligating desire to join people in the streets in the end of the week.

then I thought " oh come on you lazy cow...move your ass and go have some fresh air..."
so I left my morning coffee on the table, changed my PJ, grabbed my bag and ran out towards the Saturday market place near the river hoping that it wont be too late... and I did not regret it.

I missed the simplicity of this city, and it was good to join the market, where the baker have baked fresh bread in the morning, and the honey seller offer you a piece of honey cake...

adding to that the charming Christmas atmosphere made my heart jump, I felt like a kid again...
I just love those sellers that wish you a "wonderful" day with a huge smile, and the old couple selling their cheese proposing you to taste a piece of each kind...

I filled my bag with a lot of vegetables and fresh fruits and headed towards my flat... and on the way back, near the town hall they prepared this little corner with Christmas booths with Santas and his little dwarfs inside and some people selling Christmas cookies... I just stood with my eyes filled with those lights and music and the positive noise of the crowd... It felt good!

the city have started the "light festival" preparations, they started the lights in the streets yesterday night and the view from my window is just magnificent. a huge tree with drops of light and a little Santa clause house that was set in front of my building ... God isn't that amazing!

I arrived back home energized, filled with the warmth of this whole Christmas holiday preparations... rewarmed my morning coffee, set myself comfortable in front off my little Christmas tree with a little movie and a cookie that i grabbed on the way back.

The "light fairy tails" month is officially to be announced tonight in Macon, fire works are promised and a program of the whole month in the streets of Macon is spread out on flyers

I am glad this month is here, I am glad I have great people around me to share it and spend it with ... I am glad I am in love ...and I am glad because I feel more positive things are to come soon...

1 comment:

  1. why two posts only ? :( you got us addicted them you stopped :(

    ReplyDelete